What I offer is a placement with a mix of private practice as well as exposure to the various sporting teams I provide physiotherapy coverage for. I have also networked with other well renowned Sydney physiotherapists, and depending on the time of the year, there is opportunity to spend parts of your placement working alongside them as well.
All year round, you will be able to work with me at my home clinic in Rosebery. The clientele is 100% private musculoskeletal with a real variety in caseload from the elderly to adolescents and kids. And a huge proportion of that is a sporting clientele (as I look after many sporting teams). Some of your work would include:
- Shadowing and helping me while I treat patients
- Assisting in performing home-based exercise programs in the clinic
- Contributing with report writing, statistics, and day-to-day paperwork
- Developing new protocols for assessments and treatments
- Learning how to organise a patient load and run a private practice
- Helping organise & clean room in between patients
- Assisting with the strapping/taping courses and education nights that I run
- Treating and being responsible for your own clients toward the end of the placement
You may also get the opportunity to work at City Edge Physiotherapy, which is predominantly a sports private practice that I work at. The owners work in elite cricket, and as such, we treat a lot of elite cricketers. But again, the clientele is also varied beyond that.
I am also the lead physiotherapist for Netball NSW (NSW Waratahs), so you may be able observe and assist me with my work there. I also serve as the club physiotherapist for Sydney AFL (Maroubra Saints junior football club and Randwick City Saints football club), so this opportunity will directly exposure you to my work in sports physio.
I have had the honor of mentoring many students from all over the world throughout the past few years, and I look forward to sharing the experience and knowledge with more students in the future.