Here at Yves Silveira Physiotherapy, we are very passionate about making sure our clients get back to optimal performance after an injury, or prevent an injury from happening in the first place. We always strive to help people become the happiest and healthiest versions of themselves!
We understand the complexity of the human body, and the importance of properly assessing, evaluating, and diagnosing your condition to properly create a plan to get you back to your peak performance level.
When making an appointment with us you can expect the following process to be a part of your treatment.
- Physiotherapeutic Assessment: This usually takes up most of our first meeting. During the assessment we will talk about your history and the development of your condition. We will discuss your goals, and how we can help you. Furthermore, we will have a look at your injury, and any possibly underlying bio-mechanical factors that might be related to it. We use several different functional assessment methods to ensure we get the most information.
- Treatment: Because every person is different, the treatment you receive will most likely be different from others. We will create a treatment plan that follows the latest evidence, as well as your opinion and goals. What is most important to us is that you feel like you are improving, and that you reach optimal function.
- Plan Evaluation and Adjustment: Communication is key. We will be continuously communicating with you and making the necessary adjustments to your treatment plan to ensure you are getting the best experience and outcome from it. This usually will mean increasing the intensity of your exercise routines, adding or reducing hands-on treatment, and maybe including different modalities of physiotherapy.
Injury rehabilitation plans heavily differ depending on the location, severity, and age of injuries.
Our team has expertise in sport related injuries which include:
- Ankle sprains
- Foot inuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Knee injuries
- Low-back and hip pain
- Shoulder pain and injuries
- Neck pain and headaches
Whether you’re getting ready for a surgery, or you’ve just had one, we can help you to get back to your optimal performance level.
Some of the surgeries we have expertise in are the following:
- ACL reconstruction
- Knee and hip replacement
- Achilles tendon rupture reconstruction
Dry Needling, Taping, Cupping
The use of acupuncture and dry needling can help release muscle tightness and
settle pain and is a great addition to treatment used by our physiotherapists.
For more information please contact us.
Kinesiotape is a flexible elastic tape that provides pain relief via structural
support for weak or injured body parts. The tape can be left on the body for up
to 5 days at a time. It can also be used to relief swelling, as well as to
provide muscle support. Furthermore, we also use medical taping techniques that
provide support to injured or painful joints.
Cupping is a type of alternative therapy that involves placing cups on the skin
to create suction. The suction may facilitate healing with blood flow as
Cupping increases blood circulation to the area where the cups are placed. This
may relieve muscle tension, which can improve overall blood flow and promote
cell repair. It may also help form new connective tissues and create new blood
vessels in the tissue.