What we offer is a placement with a mix of private practice as well as exposure to the various sporting teams we provide physiotherapy coverage for. Yves has also networked with other well renowned Sydney physiotherapists, and depending on the time of the year, there is opportunity to spend parts of your placement working alongside them as well.
All year round, you will be able to work with our team at the clinic in Alexandria. The clientele is 100% private musculoskeletal with a real variety in caseload from the elderly to adolescents and kids. And a huge proportion of that is a sporting clientele (as we look after many sporting teams). Some of your work would include:
- Shadowing and helping one of the physiotherapists while treating patients
- Assisting in performing home-based exercise programs in the clinic
- Contributing with report writing, statistics, and day-to-day paperwork
- Contributing to our social media presence by creating content
- Developing new protocols for assessments and treatments
- Learning how to organise a patient load and run a private practice
- Helping organise & clean rooms in between patients
- Assisting with the strapping/taping courses and educational tutorials that we run
- Treating and being responsible for your own clients toward the end of the placement
Yves also serves as the club physiotherapist for several sports clubs, so this opportunity will directly expose you to his work in sports physiotherapy.
Yves has had the privilege of mentoring over 60 students from all over the world throughout the past few years, and we look forward to sharing the experience and knowledge with more students in the future!